Thursday, 28 May 2015

Acanthamoeba Keratitis Blog 8 (28/5/2015)

Hello!

It's about time I did another one of these. In my last post I said: "I'll make a longer update after my next eye clinic appointment on the 16th February".

So yeh. That never happened. Apologies.

That was over 3 months ago, and my eye still seems to be doing good! I've heard of people getting relapses many months and/or years after having the disease seemingly defeated, so it's not guaranteed that it's gone forever. But still, I have had nearly 4 months now without any trouble! That's as much time as the disease itself lasted.

That's all I think I have to say for the moment. It's probably safe to assume that I won't make another update after this (unless I have a relapse). In which case, thank you all for reading and I hope that this has helped others who are suffering through this horrible disease.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog. We are both in this horrible acanthamoeba keratitis club. I'm so happy you're doing better. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete